As well as moving people, our transport network must move goods. If they are not managed well, they can contribute significantly to congestion, noise, and air pollution. We aim to increase the efficiency of such movements and limit their negative impact on our community.
REDUCE DISRUPTION OF MOVING GOODS
REDUCE THE IMPACT OF VEHICLES
Minimise the impact of construction
- Ensure developers manage the impact of their construction sites and don’t block footways or cycle routes.
Provide a greener alternative to vans
- encouraging the use of E-cargo bikes by both delivery companies and our businesses for the final part of journeys and local deliveries.
Reduce the number of vehicles required to make deliveries
- Investigating options for freight consolidation centres, where goods can be transferred to more efficient vehicles for onward delivery
MAKE COLLECTION CONVENIENT
Reduce the amount of time vehicles spend unloading and ensure large vehicles stay on the main roads as much as possible
- Examining how we can manage loading and the movement of lorries throughout the town, making best use of available bays.
Create convenient places to pick up packages and reduce the distance delivery vehicles must drive
- Working with partners to install parcel lockers at our key transport hubs.