Many of our shops, businesses, and leisure spaces are in the town centre, so we want to make sure it is easy to travel to, from and around. To do this, we need to give more space to walking, cycling and public transport.
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL
MAKING WATFORD A GREENER PLACE
By giving more space to walking, cycling and public transport, it a more pleasant place to spend time in, encouraging more people to visit our businesses.
OUR GREENER TOWN CENTRE PROPOSALS
2) Create space for cycling and for buses to move faster by seeking funding to improve provision for cycling and buses on both the ring road and Dalton Way.
3) Make it easy to switch between different types of transport to get to where you want to go by exploring the possibility of a sustainable transport hub in the town centre, where all types of transport will be available in one place.
4) Create a more attractive space for people to spend time in by continuing to reduce the number of private vehicles allowed on the High Street, following on from the recent improvements.
5) Make sustainable journeys between Watford High Street and Bushey Station easy by making cycling, walking and public transport the priority between these areas.
6) Ensure we are making best use of our land in the town centre by analysing the use of our car parks and ensuring the number of spaces is appropriate for a sustainable travel town, whilst encouraging operators to improve the quality of these.