It is essential that travelling around Watford is easy and efficient. At the moment, we rely on driving, which creates pollution and traffic. We have good rail and bus connections, although these aren’t always reliable. We aim to improve the alternatives to driving into and out of the town.
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL
MAKING WATFORD A GREENER PLACE
At the moment, we rely mostly on people driving, but this creates pollution, congestion and roads that are difficult to cross.
We have good rail connections as a well as many buses, although these aren’t always as reliable, frequent or as fast as people would like.
PROPOSALS TO IMPROVE LONGER JOURNEYS
• Investigating two locations with potential for park and ride services.
2) Make buses faster, more reliable, and easier to use
• Introducing more bus lanes and other measures to give buses priority on key routes, as well as improving bus stops.
3) Encourage people to use the train by making it as easy as possible to travel to and from stations.
• We will look for opportunities to enhance our rail stations, especially Watford Junction, and make sure they are easy to get to by walking, cycling or public transport.
4) Connect Watford Junction, the town centre and West Watford to destinations across Hertfordshire and Essex, offering an affordable, fast and convenient service.
• To do this we will support the development of a new green, rapid transport system as an alternative to the Metropolitan Line Extension.