For the shortest trips, making it easier for people to walk, cycle, scoot or wheel their way to their destination is not only the greenest option, but the healthiest one. Our proposals aim to enhance our current offering
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL
MAKING WATFORD A GREENER PLACE
Our focus is on providing the necessary improvements that make the streets of Watford attractive and safe places for people of all ages to walk and cycle. This will include new cycle lanes and increased cycle parking facilities.
WHAT ARE THE ACTIVE TRAVEL PROPOSALS?
- Installing new cycle lanes on roads people are most likely to cycle on
- Improving footways and pedestrian crossings on busy streets
2) Make it easier to own a bike and ensure there is always a place to park it by increasing the amount of secure cycle parking near people’s homes and the places they want to go.
3) Make cycling possible, even for those who don’t own a bike, by:
- Maintaining our existing bike-share scheme
- Expanding the scheme to serve more places where people want to go, particularly along our new cycle routes
4) Make streets quieter, cleaner and more attractive for walking, cycling and local residents by exploring schemes to create healthier streets through slowing down vehicles and reducing traffic, particularly outside schools.
5) Make our streets nicer places to spend time in, reflecting the needs of all and contributing to our biodiversity, by adding new seating areas, plants, cycle parking or other community facilities in the available space.