We understand that not all trips can be made by walking, cycling or public transport., so we will help provide more options, so the right type of transport is available for the right journey for everyone in the town.
USING THE JOURNEY THAT WORKS FOR YOU
Make it as easy as possible to travel to and from stations
- Enhance our rail stations, especially Watford Junction, and make sure they are easy to get to by walking, cycling or public transport.
Connect Watford Junction, town centre and West Watford to destinations across county, offering affordable and fast service.
- Support the development of a new green, rapid transport system as an alternative to the Metropolitan Line Extension.
ECO-FRIENDLY TRANSPORT IN TOWN
Reduce the need to own a car
- Creating a ‘Watford Car Club’, enabling people and businesses to borrow a car when they need it.
Option to use a friendly, green, efficient taxi is available
- Working with our taxi fleet to make sure it has well-trained drivers in environmentally friendly vehicles.
Encourage more people to use electric vehicles
- Continuing to install electric vehicle charging points, especially at places people visit regularly.
ENABLING CAR OWNERSHIP ALTERNATIVES
Provide a more convenient service than the bus for some trips
- Monitoring the use of our on-demand transport service and making sure it is helping people move around the borough.
Create a place where people can see all the choices for their journeys
- Putting the travel options on our Watford smartphone app.
Make it easy to find and switch between different transport types
- Creating hubs around the borough where many transport options can be found in one place.